EMC has over 50 years of experience providing electrical and mechanical services to Fossil and Hydro Power Generation customers, with a wide range of needs. Whether it be utility, industrial or government; we can provide in place generator rewinds and in shop total rebuilds and upgrades; for all of your complex electrical and mechanical equipment. As part of EMC’s growth and progress to provide the best Services to our power generation customers, we have a dedicated Pump Repair Facility at our Chesapeake Campus. EMC has Engineering staff; combined with our state of the art facilities and field service capabilities to maintain your equipment needs.
Power Generation Services
EMC has served and expanded our electric motor repair services to our total electrical and mechanical service capabilities of today; to support Power Generation customers; EMC is the premier repair shop on the east coast with mechanical and electrical equipment repair, engineering services, and field services. Whether it is pump overhauls, switchgear servicing, generator rewinds or electric motor rewinding; we have the total capabilities to insure a quality repair to maintain your plant’s operational uptime. EMC repairs, rewinds and remanufactures rotating poles for hydrogenation and can utilize our experience and facilities for your wind generators. EMC can rebuild all your exciter components and provide testing onsite or in our facilities. EMC is currently and has been a SKF Certified Rebuilder of electrical motors since 1995.EMC has a dedicated crew of Quality Assurance Personnel. EMC has maintained an ISO Certified program since 1999. Our Chesapeake and Courtland shops are both ISO 9001:2008 certified. EMC is a member of the EASA, a member of the Large Electric Motor Users Group (LEMUG), Pump Users Group (PUG), International Maintenance Institute and NETA affiliate. 24-7; EMC is there to assist you in the maintaining of your industrial facility.
EMC is the leading provider of Power Generation repair services, of the highest quality, including:
- Large and small motor rebuilds/rewinds/upgrades
- Specialty motors
- Pump rebuild/repair services
- Onsite Turnkey projects and engineering/project management
- Switchgear & Transformer remanufacturing & testing services
- Onsite Electrical and Mechanical
- Fans and blowers
- Compressor motors
- Vibration analysis & Dynamic balancing
- Lazer Alignment
- EMC wins business of the year award.
- EMC safety milestones.
- EMC is going digital!
- EMC maintenance moves online!
- EMC receives radioactive license amendment 7
- EMC awarded HRSD Gold Award!
- Here we grow again!
- EMC has recently expanded its' Engineering capabilities.
- EMC presented award for SKF Certified Rebuilder.
- Baker DX-12 (Motor winding and surge tester)
- EMC acquires XRF Equipment (Thermo Niton XL2 Gold).
- EMC acquires PDMA MCE (Motor Circuit Evaluator).