For over 50 years EMC has been re-manufacturing Electric Motors from our centrally located Campus in Chesapeake, VA. Our location allows us to easily serve the maritme, water/waste water, power and industrial markets.
About EMC Motors
- Rewinding up through 13,200VAC, using epoxy vacuum pressure impregnation (VPI) on all form wound motors through 7KV and B-stage hot pressed coils above 7KV
- An in-house machine shop capable of handling the majority of your machining needs, such as shaft repair/replacement, bearing housing repairs, complete internal horizontal and vertical alignment, etc.
- Dynamic balancing of rotating components, typically to ISO 1940 standards G2.5 and 1.0
- Replacement of stator laminations with low loss, laser cut laminations.
- Shaft repair & replacement, repair of squirrel cage rotors, including rotor bar replacement, lamination replacement and in some cases, complete new rotor manufacturing.
- Upgrading of existing motors, such as rewinding for increased hp or changing bearing design/configuration for optimum vibration and reliability.
- Full voltage no load testing of all motors up through 18,000 hp @ 13.2KV.
- Our Dynamometer capabilities are being increased to offer full load testing, both horizontal and vertical, up to 2000hp (at 1800 rpm)
- Reverse Engineering
- Horsepower upgrades
- EMC wins business of the year award.
- EMC safety milestones.
- EMC is going digital!
- EMC maintenance moves online!
- EMC receives radioactive license amendment 7
- EMC awarded HRSD Gold Award!
- Here we grow again!
- EMC has recently expanded its' Engineering capabilities.
- EMC presented award for SKF Certified Rebuilder.
- Baker DX-12 (Motor winding and surge tester)
- EMC acquires XRF Equipment (Thermo Niton XL2 Gold).
- EMC acquires PDMA MCE (Motor Circuit Evaluator).