EMC offers shipboard and in shop electrical and mechanical services to Marine customers.
EMC has the technical experience, skilled and trained craftsperson and discipline Engineering staff; combined with our state of the art facilities to maintain and rebuild/repair your ship and facilities equipment needs.
Our approved QPL program is certified to government requirements.
Marine and Ship Repair Services
EMC has served and expanded our repair and shipboard services from our beginnings in 1960. We are centrally located on the east coast of the USA in Hampton Rhoads, Virginia. Whether it is pump overhauls, switchgear servicing, onboard generator rewinds or electric motor rewinding, we have the total capabilities to insure a quality repair for your voyage at sea. EMC is currently and has been NAVSEA Sealed Insulation System Certified since 1993. EMC has also been SUPSHIP audited since 1980. EMC has a dedicated crew of Quality Assurance Personnel and have developed and maintained an ISO Certified program since 1999. Our Chesapeake and Courtland shops are both ISO 9001:2008 certified. EMC has been a member of the EASA, Virginia Ship Repair Association (VSRA) since 1995, EMC is also a member of the Large Electric Motor Users Group (LEMUG), AMA, Propeller Club, VA Maritime Association, Nuclear Industry Committee (NIAC), Pump Users Group (PUG), International Maintenance Institute and NETA affiliate.
EMC is a leading provider of shipboard and shop work, of the highest quality, including:
- Motor rebuilds/rewinds/upgrades
- Generator Rebuilds/rewinds
- Shipboad-In place rewinds/overhauls
- Pump rebuild/repair services
- Shipboard turnkey services with project management
- Shop/in place precision machining
- Switchgear & Transformer remanufacturing & testing services
- Specialized marine equipment repair-winches and bow thrusters
- Vibration analysis & Dynamic balancing
- Lazer Alignment
- EMC wins business of the year award.
- EMC safety milestones.
- EMC is going digital!
- EMC maintenance moves online!
- EMC receives radioactive license amendment 7
- EMC awarded HRSD Gold Award!
- Here we grow again!
- EMC has recently expanded its' Engineering capabilities.
- EMC presented award for SKF Certified Rebuilder.
- Baker DX-12 (Motor winding and surge tester)
- EMC acquires XRF Equipment (Thermo Niton XL2 Gold).
- EMC acquires PDMA MCE (Motor Circuit Evaluator).