EMC has been a premier provider of electrical and mechanical repair services to the Petrochemical, Wood and Paper, Mining, Metals and Aggregate Industrial industries for over 50 years. EMC has the technical experience, skilled and trained craftsperson and discipline Engineering staff; combined with our state of the art facilities to maintain and rebuild/repair your equipment needs. We can service your small to large electric motors at our two locations in Chesapeake, VA and Courtland VA.
Industrial Repair Services
EMC has served and expanded our electric motor repair services to our total electrical and mechanical service capabilities; from our beginnings in 1960. We are the premier electric motor repair shop on the east coast with mechanical and electrical equipment repair, engineering services, and field services. Whether it is pump overhauls, switchgear servicing, generator rewinds or electric motor rewinding; we have the total capabilities to insure a quality repair to maintain your plant’s operational uptime and meet your reliability goals. EMC is currently and has been a SKF Certified Rebuilder of electrical motors since 1995.EMC has a dedicated crew of Quality Assurance Personnel. EMC has maintained an ISO Certified program since 1999. Our Chesapeake and Courtland shops are both ISO 9001:2008 certified. EMC is a member of the EASA, a member of the Large Electric Motor Users Group (LEMUG), Pump Users Group (PUG), International Maintenance Institute and NETA affiliate. 24-7; EMC is there to assist you in the maintaining of your industrial facility.
EMC is the leading provider of Industrial repair services, of the highest quality, including:
- Large and small motor rebuilds/rewinds/upgrades
- Specialty motors
- Pump rebuild/repair services
- Onsite Turnkey projects and engineering/project management
- Switchgear & Transformer remanufacturing & testing services
- Onsite Electrical and Mechanical
- Fans and blowers
- Compressor motors
- Vibration analysis & Dynamic balancing
- Lazer Alignment
- EMC wins business of the year award.
- EMC safety milestones.
- EMC is going digital!
- EMC maintenance moves online!
- EMC receives radioactive license amendment 7
- EMC awarded HRSD Gold Award!
- Here we grow again!
- EMC has recently expanded its' Engineering capabilities.
- EMC presented award for SKF Certified Rebuilder.
- Baker DX-12 (Motor winding and surge tester)
- EMC acquires XRF Equipment (Thermo Niton XL2 Gold).
- EMC acquires PDMA MCE (Motor Circuit Evaluator).