For over 50 years EMC has been re-manufacturing Electric Motors from our centrally located Campus in Chesapeake, VA. Our location allows us to easily serve the maritme, water/waste water, power and industrial markets.
EMC Motors Comprehensive Capabilities
Equipment Repair, Reconditioning and Upgrading Motor Services
- Rewinding up through 13,200 VAC, using epoxy vacuum pressure impregnation (VPI)on all form wound motors through 7 KV and B-stage hot pressed coils above 7 KV
- Comprehensive machining for shaft repair/replacement, bearing housing repairs, complete internal horizontal and vertical alignment
- Dynamic balancing of rotating components, typically to ISO 1940 standards G2.5 and 1.0
- Replacement of stator laminations with low loss, laser cut laminations
- Rebuilding of squirrel cage rotors, including rotor bar replacement, laminations replacement and in some cases, complete new rotor manufacturing
- Upgrades of existing motors, such as rewinding for increased HP or changing bearing design/configuration for optimum vibration and reliability
- Full voltage no load testing of all motors up through 18,000 HP @ 13.8 KV
- IEEE 429/NEMA MG-1 Water Submergence test approved on VPI coils
- Dynamometer full load testing up to 2000 HP
- Large motor disassembly, reassembly and testing stands
- 50,000 square foot, 3 story high ceiling bay
- 60 ton crane capacity with a 55 foot hook height
- 20,000 lb. capacity dynamic balancing machine
- 3.75 MVA power supply with 13.8 KV capability
- Contracting: Master Electrician
- Engineering: Process design, electrical design, estimating & field management
- Preventive & predictive maintenance
- Motor testing
- Infrared thermography
- Troubleshooting: Motors, Generators, Controls, etc.
- Authorized Service Center for Toshiba variable speed drives
- Dry Ice Cleaning
- Rewinding in Place
- Vibration analysis: Monitoring trending & analysis
- Laser alignment
- In-place dynamic balancing
- Mechanical troubleshooting: Pumps, gearboxes, turbines, shafts & spindles
- On-site repairs
- Climate controlled storage facility
- Monthly preventative maintenance preformed on stored customer equipment
- EMC safety milestones.
- EMC is going digital!
- EMC maintenance moves online!
- EMC receives radioactive license amendment 7
- EMC awarded HRSD Gold Award!
- Here we grow again!
- EMC has recently expanded its' Engineering capabilities.
- EMC presented award for SKF Certified Rebuilder.
- Baker DX-12 (Motor winding and surge tester)
- EMC acquires XRF Equipment (Thermo Niton XL2 Gold).
- EMC acquires PDMA MCE (Motor Circuit Evaluator).