EMC offers a complete range of in-house, contaminated motor repair services, including the capability to perform full scope refurbishment and rewind of Reactor Coolant Pump motors and Reactor Recirculation Pump motors. EMC provides a state-of-the-art repair facility, decontamination capabilities, engineering, experienced refurbishment staff and expertise for handling contaminated components.
EMC maintains a fleet of specialized containers for transporting radioactive RCP's and Re circulation Motors.
EMC Nuclear Services Building Comprehensive Capabilities
Nuclear Services Building
- 300' Long x 75' Wide x 75' Tall
- 22,500 Square Feet
- 55' Lift Height Under Hook
- 60 ton Lifting Capacity
- Environmentally Controlled
- Maintained at a Negative Pressure
- Stainless Steel 13' by 16' Contaminated Burnout / Bake Out Oven
- Abrasive Blast Booth for Decontamination and SL1 Preparation
- Dedicated Area for Contaminated Steam Cleaning
- 25,000 Lb Dynamic Balance Machine
EMC Nuclear Service Building Staff / Experience
- Reactor Coolant Pump / Reactor Recirculation Motor Full Time Dedicated Staff of Lead Motor Technicians – 25+ years of motor repair, 1st class motor winders – 10+ years of experience and other craft personnel including Machinists, Mechanics, Helpers and HP Technicians
- Forty Chesapeake technicians are Rad. Worker Trained
- 10 RRPM's and 21 RCP's reconditioned/rewound to date
- Staff trained and procedures developed for Westinghouse and GE Reactor Recirculation / Reactor Coolant Pump Motors
- Custom built shipping containers
Motor Testing Capabilities
- Test Stand with 36'x16' T-Slot Base
- 3.75 MVA panel 13.8KV
- Ability to Set-Up Two Motors on Test Stand
- Bearing Cooling Water
- Multi-channel Vibration Analysis
- Multi-Channel Process
- Data Acquisition using Automated Diagnostics for Rotating Equipment (ANDRE)
- Thermal Imaging
- Test Stand has one million pound reinforced concrete mass isolated from the frame – This ensures a very low structural natural frequency for testing
- Capability of virtual witness of motor test run from customer's home or office
- Water Immersion Testing
- Partial Discharge Testing
- Power Factor Tip Up Testing
- Surge, Hi-Pot, Polarization Index, and Megger Testing
Reactor Recirculation / Reactor Coolant Pump Motor Refurbishment
- Stator Restacking included in Rewind Firm Price - Waste Disposal Included
- Compression Plates and Vent Ducts Replaced
- Replacement Laminations Laser Cut
- Final Core Testing
- Flywheel ASME NDE Testing
- Inspect Oil Coolers, lift system, bearing assemblies, and other auxiliary equipment
- Reverse Engineering – Roamer Arm, Solid Modeling, Finite Element Analysis, Manufacture Drawings
- All Services Performed on EMC campus with EMC technicians, including SL1 Program with EMC Qualified Applicators
- Bearing redesign / upgrade eliminating bearing instability (Oil Whirl) issues seen in many Reactor Recirculation Motors
- Available Westinghouse RCP Modifications (Not Inclusive):
- Truncated Flow Chamber With Existing Viscosity Pump Modification
- Oil Lift System Modification
- Lower Bearing Reservoir Level Indicator Modification (Multi-Port Drain Sump)
- Lower Oil Pot Joint Modification
- Oil Collection System Mounting Modifications
- Flywheel Pawl Modifications
- Flywheel Key Modification
- Anti-Rotation Shock Absorber Mounting Modification
- Dual Element Bearing RTD Modification
- EMC safety milestones.
- EMC is going digital!
- EMC maintenance moves online!
- EMC receives radioactive license amendment 7
- EMC awarded HRSD Gold Award!
- Here we grow again!
- EMC has recently expanded its' Engineering capabilities.
- EMC presented award for SKF Certified Rebuilder.
- Baker DX-12 (Motor winding and surge tester)
- EMC acquires XRF Equipment (Thermo Niton XL2 Gold).
- EMC acquires PDMA MCE (Motor Circuit Evaluator).